Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Making time for Creative Time


In these first few days of school I wanted to give the students the opportunity to be creative and create something out of common house hold "junk" that I placed before them. As I collected the materials my own mind began to create possibilities of what these things could be. All of the possibilities that I came up with were nothing compared to what our students created. I was impressed by what they made, as well as how they made it. Another side-effect from this creative project was that the students loved it! 

All of my students, kindergarten through fourth grade, participated in this exercise. I changed the parameters for the different grade levels as needed. To make it more difficult for my older students, I required them to work together to create one item. They also had to use at least one of all the items in the tray. 

I encourage parents and teachers to give your children and students time to create and to be creative. They will amaze you!

No comments:

Post a Comment