Sunday, August 11, 2013

A Hot Mess

So I have accepted a new position at my school to be the STEM lab teacher. My fellow teachers were asked to bring science kits that they have used for years in their classrooms. There were multiple kits in each of the 22 classrooms. The kits were filled with everything from rocks to chemicals as well as a variety of instruments. As more and more of these large boxes filled my small space the more overwhelmed I became.



                     

These pictures show the magnitude of the hot mess that I was faced with. It took many days and many hours to sort through all the boxes and mess. By combining like materials I was able to eliminate many boxes that were no longer necessary. This allowed me to keep all the things I needed as well as make room for the new things too. Here are the pictures of the finished lab. This whole process has taught me that anything is possible with hard work and a positive attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment